Saturday, June 14, 2008

TAGGED

Kate tagged me (and Emma had the challenge on her blog as well) so I thought I would do this:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? I had just finished my first year of teaching 5th and 6th grade Special Ed (Resource Reading, Language Arts and Math). It was the worst year of my life! As soon as I took the ExCET test (teacher certification exam), I was anticipating a summer filled with fun with my family in Utah and Yellowstone and then a 5 year anniversary trip with Brad to New Orleans. (FYI-I transferred to the elementary level for the following year. I was not going to go through that situation again!)

2. What was I doing 5 years ago? Emily was 13 ½ months old. Brad had just finished his 3rd year of medical school and we were planning on getting pregnant again so we could have the 2nd baby before medical school ended and residency started. We were paying a fortune for health insurance and we wanted to make the most of it. Even though the babies were close in age, it was the best decision for us.

3. What was I doing 5 months ago? Just finishing up my teaching time for Sam’s preschool. Getting the house ready to sell-decluttering, packing things away, scheduling painters and carpet installers, etc. Ben was 9 ½ months old and quite a handful and still not sleeping through the night.

4. 5 Things on My To Do List:
Clean the car
Go through every room and get ready for the packers who come on Wed.
Clean the downstairs fridge/freezer
Start packing for our trip to Idaho
Laundry

5. 5 Snacks I Enjoy.. But I don’t always indulge
Doritos (Nacho Cheese)
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pistachios
Crackers and cheese
Potato chips with dip (again I don’t always indulge)

6. 5 things I would do if I became a Billionaire...
Secure my financial future by investing wisely
Arrange to never clean or cook again
Travel the world (with a nanny, of course, because my kids would come along)
Build our dream home
Help my family

7. 5 Bad Habits...
Not being able to put down a good book and let my house go to the dogs in the process
Not wanting to be interrupted when I am busy
Not exercising regularly (despite my earnest desire)
Loosing my patience
Postponing making appointments

8. 5 Places I have lived...
Utah
Idaho
Arizona
Texas
Minnesota

9. 5 Jobs I've Had...
Gift wrapper at ZCMI (I was probably the worst they ever had)
Ticket taker at the ZCMI parking garage in SLC (same summer as the gift wrap job-I worked both part time)
Telemarketing/survey taker (This was the worst job ever!)
Waitress (I met Brad! We were “waitri” together)
Plant Secretary/Administrative Assistant at a manufacturing plant (My first “real” job)

Following in Emma's footsteps, I'm not going to tag anyone (I can't remember who has and hasn't done this before but it has been fun so give it a try).

3 comments:

Lydia said...

That was so fun to read, Jenni. I love those little tag things.

Vicki said...

Jenni, that was so great to read. Good luck this week. I am looking forward to seeing you soon! I loved your answer to the billionaire question. What a pure heart you have!

Angela said...

Good luck on your move! We share some of the same bad habits... especially the inability to put a book down and the not liking to be interupted... and I think the two kind of go hand in hand.