Monday, June 9, 2008

Emily's Last Day of Kindergarten

Oh my, has the school year already come and gone? Emily experienced her last day of Kindergarten last week. Here is a look at Emily on the FIRST day of Kindergarten.

And here she is on the LAST day of Kindergarten.

What a difference a year makes. She accomplished so much this year. My favorite thing about this year was she finally decided to become a fluent reader! She says she loved the arts and crafts she did at school. She had a fabulous teacher and overall good experience. I'm happy with the year and I know she is. When she came home from school, she started to cry because she didn't want it to end.

Here she is waiting for the bus for the last time with her bus stop buddies (Brittany, Emily, Jacob and Amanda). They will miss her next year. Brittany sat by Emily every day and Amanda always made sure she was okay. I'm grateful that these kids were so helpful and kind.

At least this time when the bus left, I didn't cry.

1 comment:

Angela said...

what a great idea, a first day and a last day picture. crazy how our kid are growing up, isn't it?