Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our New House

I have been meaning to post some pictures of our new house for quite awhile but I have been neglecting my blog for other activities. So her is the scoop on the new abode. The house was built in 2004 and has 3450 square feet, 3 car garage and 7 bedrooms. Before you think that is way too many bedrooms I must say the downstairs bedrooms are on the small side (but each one has a nice closet!). The main floor has 3 bedrooms, a formal living room, family room/dining area/kitchen, 2.5 bathrooms, and a laundry room. Here's a picture of the kitchen. There is not a lot of cabinet space but the pantry is quite large.Emily is really excited to have her own room. We thought we had the bedroom situation already decided but we are considering having the kids bedrooms in the basement because they wake up too early with the sun. We are still working on that one...any advice? The windows do not have room darkening blinds and since we are leasing I don't really want to install anything.
Downstairs there is this cute play area under the stairs. The kids adored this, especially Ben who loved to look out the window. I foresee many happy times in the playroom.
The backyard is not fenced but it is nice and flat (a big relief after our hilly backyard). There is a little garden spot which I plan to use next summer (if we decide to buy the house). This picture is taken from the back door. The swing set and trampoline are the backyard neighbors'. The previous owners said they always meant to buy one of their own but their kids always played on the neighbors equipment (let hope we make friends with them soon).
Well, there you have it. If you want to see more, come and visit!!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Congratulations on the amazing home, Jenni! It's beautiful.

Rosemary and Rick said...

I love your new house! It is already painted! I hate painting! I don't like countdowns when they are to leave me. So sad.
Rosemary

Angela said...

I love the colors in your new kitchen! I'm happy to see where you're going to be... It feels like home!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting such a great house! I bet you LOVE all that space!!!

Kate said...

The house looks really nice. I'm excited and nervous for you. I hope all goes well! You will have friends in no time at all or, I can just come up for a visit :)