Monday, June 9, 2008

Grateful Sunday

This week I'm grateful for:

  • Weekends. We all need them.
  • "Summer". It has been nice not having to drag Emily out of bed to go to school (but the weather here has been windy and rainy-we are waiting for real summer)
  • Happy children. There have been many moments this week when they were not happy children. I'll take it whenever it comes.
  • Friends. I have been fortunate to meet many wonderful people in Minnesota.
  • Cheesecake. We had some cream cheese that we had to use before we moved so we made a cheesecake. Sarah, Scott, Tessa, and Abel were gracious enough to help us enjoy it. Thanks for coming over!
  • Blogs. I still am in denial that I will be leaving all my wonderful friends in Minnesota. I know that I will always be able to stay in touch through their blogs. Thank heavens!
  • Vicki's (my youngest sister) good news. We are so excited!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I always love your "Grateful Sundays" list. I seriously need to start one of those.

I'm grateful for blogs, too. When you mentioned today at the park that your blog can be therapeutic, a light bulb went on. I knew there was a reason why I've felt better lately. It is absolutely therapeutic. It's not only great to write my adventures, but it's also wonderful to read friends' adventures, feelings, and occasional frustrations. I've posted a few pessimistic blogs, and I was shocked but grateful for everyone's comments and support.

It's sad you're leaving so soon, but also so exciting for you guys. I'm so grateful that I moved in to the 3rd Ward and met such great people like you. Thank you for book club and all your hard work. I've read so many wonderful books this year, thanks to book club, and I will miss not seeing you and discussing the latest read. Thank goodness for goodreads!