Sunday, April 20, 2008

Grateful Sunday

        There were many times this week when I really felt like I had nothing to be thankful for: Our house hasn't sold, I'm tired of keeping it spotless, Brad works too much, and on and on (I won't bore you with my pity party). So I guess I'm grateful that I have a chance to reflect on my week and think of the good that has happened.

        • This week I'm grateful Emily has a caring, proactive teacher. We had a situation with another boy in her class on the bus. When I emailed Mrs. C. she immediately called to address the situation. The situation was minor but I'm glad that her teacher took the time and effort to address the problem with all the parties to ensure everything was okay. From my experience I know that not all teachers would take the steps that Mrs. C did for us.
        • I'm grateful that we had five showings this week. We don't have any offers but at least people are looking. I feel a lot better knowing that at least it is being shown.
        • I'm grateful Emily gave a talk in Primary today. She was so excited and practiced hard so she could give her talk without any help (I was forbidden by her to go in the front). She was a little nervous and forgot to show the pictures until the very end but I was pretty proud of her!
        • I'm grateful everyone is healthy. Being healthy makes my life so much easier.

        4 comments:

        Lydia said...

        I'll add to your "grateful" list and say how much I love reading your blog. I swear everything Emily conquers is something I'm wondering in the back of my mind if and when Tommy will reach that milestone like the bike riding or book reading. It's fun to read your excitement.

        Good luck with the selling of the house. I would be an absolute wreck! (I'm actually stressed about it and I don't have to sell mine for another two years!)

        Vicki said...

        I love your grateful Sunday lists. Each Monday I look forward to the new list!

        Your house is adorable and amazing. It will sell soon!

        Jenni said...

        Thank you guys!!!

        Angela said...

        Too bad videoing your child's talk is probably not an acceptable practice in Primary, I would love a peak!