Sunday, April 13, 2008

Grateful Sunday

Sometimes this weekly list is hard because the same things pop in my head. Maybe my life is too monotonous. Here's a few:
  • I'm grateful for spell check. I had trouble with monotonous.
  • I'm grateful for thoughtful friends. I have had several people tell me they are praying for our family to sell our house. I was very touched by that.
  • A working car. A couple of weeks ago the check engine light flashed on the minivan. It happened on a Saturday when Brad was driving. We drove to the mechanics and asked about it. They were able to fix it on Monday. I absolutely HATE car trouble (one reason we usually buy a new car). This was relatively painless. Brad dropped it off Monday morning. Their shuttle took him to work and picked him up at the end of the day. And it only cost $300 which I was grateful for. Could have been a lot worse.
  • Recipes. This sounds silly but I have been so bored with making the same food over and over. I went through my hodge-podge of recipes that I have acquired over the last couple of years. I think I might try something different for a change. (If you have any good ones, pass them on!)

Okay, I'm tapped out for now and Ben is screaming in his bed. He usually goes down so nicely so I'll end with saying I'm grateful when kids go to bed without fussing because it doesn't look that way tonight.

Let's cross our fingers that Emily and Sam are already asleep.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yuck, sorry to hear about your car, glad it was worked out quickly.

Jen said...

I love your "grateful Sundays" It always is so nice to look back at the things we were grateful for at particular times in our lives. I too can't stand car trouble. Good luck with everything and PLEASE call me if you need help with your kiddos. I don't want to be a big annoyer so please please let me know if I can help with the move in any way.

Jenni said...

Thanks Jen!