Monday, April 28, 2008

Grateful Sunday (A Day Late)

I am grateful for...

  • The Internet. Ours was down for several days and I felt so isolated. I missed the blogging world (Oh gee-I really need some real human contact).
  • Brad. I have been so down and frustrated and worn out lately. He has been really understanding.
  • Brad's schedule is back to normal. He was working nights for 2 weeks and as much as I love to see him in the afternoon, I am really happy for normal hours.
  • My mom. She let me cry my sorrows away last night with understanding and love.
  • Ben. Who can resist a face that is so full of pure love.
  • Emily's birthday party went well (I'll post pictures later). I really stressed over having one with the house for sale but it worked out okay even with a showing two hours before the party.
  • The hope of summer. It has been so bleak and cold. I long for summer.
  • Grateful Sunday posts. It forces me to look for the good.
  • Emily and Sam when they play nicely. No explanation needed.

4 comments:

Lara said...

You are a brave woman for having the party while showing your house! I am sure it was a huge success. Sorry your week was rough. Hopefully this one will be a better one.

Jen said...

I agree with all of your gratefulness. I know I so OFTEN have spiritual ups and downs, but when I always take just a few moments to either write or ponder in my head the things I am grateful for then I feel like I get back on track again.

I will miss your R.S. lessons. I hope you feel better about whatever you cried to your mom about.

My mom comes this week and I am so excited. My mom is my best girlfriend and I would be lost without her. What a difference moms make in our lives, right?

Lydia said...

It's such a good idea to have "Grateful Sunday." I think I need to jump on that bandwagon.

I'm happy that your internet is back up again, too. I was so excited to see a new post.

I have to agree that you are one brave woman to have a party on the same day as a showing! I'm getting ready for Tommy's party this Saturday, and I've got party clutter spread throughout my entire house.

I hope you have a better week!

Angela said...

Happy birthday to Emily! I am sorry I am so not on the ball with your kids birthdays this year, you'd think I was the one moving in a few short weeks!