Monday, April 14, 2008

Bugs and Birds

Every Sunday I have Emily and Sam tell me two things they learned at church. Yesterday when I asked Sam what he learned, he replied, "I learned about bugs and birds." I thought this was an unusual reply. I asked him what he learned about bugs and birds in church. He said, "Well, I'll tell you a story." He proceeded to tell me the story about the early Utah pioneers whose crops were being eaten by crickets. The seagulls came and ate the crickets and saved the crops "so the people had food to eat."

So I guess he did learn about bugs and birds at church.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I've taught that lesson a few times in nursery, and it seems to be one of their favorites. I should say it's the boys' favorites, not so much for a few of the girls. It's funny how that works.

Lara said...

It is amazing how much he remembers of the story. Derek didn't sit still for very long but they were always amazed that he was listening as he ran crazy.

Sarah said...

Well said, Sam. Well said.

Angela said...

Smart boy! And such a boy, concise as possible.