Sunday, April 20, 2008

Emily Rides a Bike

Emily has learned how to ride a bike! Again! Last summer my dad taught her while we were visiting and she did really well. She rode around all night. The next day she wanted to show her cousins but she got nervous. For some reason she didn't want to ride again. When we came back to Minnesota we didn't take the training wheels off her little bike because we live on a hill and we were concerned that it wasn't a safe place to ride a bike until she was better at it.

Well, today was the most beautiful day we have had in probably 7 months! We came home from church and Emily asked Brad to take off the training wheels on her bike. While they were working on that I took my bike for a ride. When I came home Emily was riding all around the cul-de-sac like she had been doing it for years! She can start, stop, and turn all by herself with no problem! She is so proud of herself. Here is a short video of her riding.

The bike she is riding is too small for her but we want to wait until we move to buy a new one. We hate to buy one and then haul it across the country. So she will be cruising the cul-de-sac on her 12 inch Barbie bike until we move.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Go Emily go! It is so fun to watch them learn new things! Congratulations!

Vicki said...

Biking has been on my mind this week as this next Saturday the commuter rail starts up in Utah, and I am looking at biking the mile from the station to my work. So, I've been planning on spring cleaning my old bike or wanting to get a new cuter one. I need to take some tips on technique and courage from Emily!