Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weird thoughts

Have you ever moved something that has been in one location awhile? Then you go to that spot looking for that thing that used to be there.

I have.

It has happened to me a lot lately.

In Ben's room I have a fabric pouch connected to his changing table where I keep binkies, Desitin, baby lotion, etc. I changed it's location to the other side because it is more discreet (staging for the house and all). Every time I need the Desitin, I reach for it in it's original location. But when I do, I end up staring blankly at the end of the changing table. For a brief moment I wonder why I'm looking there and then I remember, "Oh, the Desitin (or binky or baby lotion). It's not there anymore. I moved it." And then I look in it's new spot and wonder why it is so hard to remember.

Also, I took down a couple of clocks when the house was painted and I have not put them back up. Many times during the day I look up to see the time and No Clock. I'm staring at a blank wall (oh, what nice new paint). But no clock.

It is all so annoying.

1 comment:

Lara said...

It happens to us all. I inherited my Grandmother's talent of putting something in a safe spot and then not being able to find it for at least one year. Brett makes me laugh because no matter where we move he always looks for glasses in the wrong cupboard. I finally put some in both just so he doesn't have to hunt. :)