Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tagged

Sarah tagged me on her blog. Here it goes...

Jobs that I have had:
  • Hamburger maker at Carousel Burger in Lagoon - This was such a fun job. I made a ton of new friends and there was a lot of laughter and joking going on while we worked. I was also a gold badge employee! :-)
  • Telephone surveys and then telemarketing in college - I hated it!! Need I say more
  • Waitress - I was a waitress at a motel/cafe near the Grand Canyon. This was one of my favorite summers ever! I also met Brad there so of course it was a summer to remember!
  • Cashier at BYU's HFAC ticket office (Great job! I got 2 free tickets to any event we sold! A lot of fun for two poor newlyweds.)
  • Plant secretary and then Administrative Assistant at a commercial flooring manufacturing plant (1 year each) -I was overqualified for the job but struggled to find a social work job in Houston when we first moved in and rent had to be paid. I learned a lot about people on this job. I knew that if you did not get an education you could end up doing factory work the rest of your life. I learned that I hate dealing with workplace politics. I learned that a good boss it one of the best things in life. When I was promoted to Administrative Assistant, I got a new boss named John. He was great to work for. He even let me work evenings and weekends while I completed my course work for my special ed. teacher training. He then tried to bring me back a couple of years later luring me with more money.
  • Special Education Teacher (5 years) - The first year was 5th and 6th grade Resource Reading, Language Arts, and Math (It was a horrible year for many reasons). The last 4 years was Resource Math with co-teaching the last 2 years. I loved working with kids who needed special help. It was wonderful seeing kids who couldn't even count to 10 when I first met them finally be able to multiply and divide by the time they left me. I love seeing their different talents (you'd be surprised at how many special ed students were amazing artists).
  • Various secretary related temp jobs - I would do temp work during the summers to make money to go on vacation. I really hated doing these jobs but the extra money was nice. People could be really rude to temp workers. When I told them I was a teacher and temp work just for a few weeks in the summer, they treated me so much better and with more respect.
  • Math tutor - I charged $30 per HOUR to teach kids how to do story problems and master their multiplication facts. I have to admit I think I was worth it but surprised at what some parents will pay.
  • Full-time Mom - Definitely the hardest job I've ever had.

Movies I could watch over and over again:

  • Return to Me
  • A Knight's Tale

Favorite TV shows:

  • Law and Order (original and Criminal Intent)

Favorite Hobbies:

  • Reading
  • Blogging
  • Scrapbooking (although I done much lately)

Places I have lived:

  • Utah
  • Idaho
  • Arizona
  • Texas
  • Minnesota
  • Florida (does one month count)

Favorite Foods: Do I have to narrow it down?

  • my mom’s barbecue spare ribs
  • really good pizza
  • CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Places I would rather be right now:

  • Someplace where I wouldn't have to worry about my huge TO DO list and maybe have some quiet time
  • New York City (with Brad-stay in a beautiful hotel and take in some great shows and sights)
  • On an Alaskan cruise with Brad
  • I really could go on and on...

Websites I check daily:

  • my email
  • blogs of my friends (I wish my family would blog!)

Who am I tagging?

  • Angela
  • Emma
  • Vicki - you need to blog!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for "being" it, Jenni! I also enjoyed the "finish the sentence" blog entry. That would be a good way to write a journal entry. I wonder if I could get the kids to do one more on their scale????

Angela said...

I hope Vicki starts blogging soon too! :) I just wish my family would READ my blog...