Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom

It is my Mom's Birthday and I'd like to give her a blog tribute! Here are a few great things about my mom:
  • Mom is the best grandma in the world. She spoils her grandkids to no end. She always has time for them. She will drop everything when they are around to be with them. You'll often find her taking grandkids for a stroller ride, sneaking them treats (even before or for breakfast), and setting up a couch for them in her room to watch a movie. She always has something special for them and they love her to pieces because they know Grandma loves them so much and always has time for them!!!
  • Mom is so helpful in her own special way. After the birth of each of my children, she has been there for me. She comes and helps so much. She just loves to hold and cuddle her grandbabies. When I had my wisdom teeth out and when Sam and then Ben were born, she took over the care of my kids. She did everything for them while I recovered. She then apologized that she didn't help more. I mean isn't that crazy. What more could I ask for? When I weened Sam, Mom was visiting and she got up at night with him so he wouldn't want to nurse. She does so much despite her arthritic hands and knees. Thanks Mom!
  • Mom is so thoughtful and generous. She knows what each of her children like and want and makes it happen. When we go grocery shopping together she asks, "Is there anything you want but were afraid to ask?" It means can I buy you something that you wouldn't buy for yourself. When she comes to visit she brings something special for each of us. She likes to go shopping and let us pick out something we need. She also knows each child's style and what they would or would not wear. She is amazing!
  • Mom is funny. Brad thinks is it odd (good odd) but when we get together we often find ourselves giggling and laughing over something that was said. She has shared that characteristic with her daughters especially. It is so fun and refreshing!
  • She is my best friend! I love my mom so much. We have so much in common. I hope that I can be like her in so many ways.

Have a Happy Birthday Mom! We Love You!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Jenni. I love your mom too! I'm so glad I've been able to meet her and be in her home multiple times!

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I've got to make it a point to get her to use the computer to see this blog!

Three of my sisters and I took Mom out for dinner and a night of shopping for her birthday (Dad was generous enough to let the girls have a night out). After the stores pretty much closed, we ended the night with pie (still delicious Lion House Pantry day-old 50 percent off pies!) at my house and some chatting before we went home at midnight! Mom is so much fun to be with and is loved and admired by all her children, especially me.