Friday, October 5, 2007

Mission Organization

I really like this show.It is on Home and Garden (HGTV). They take an extremely messy room (actually more like a disaster zone) in someone's home and give it an organization makeover. They clean it up and give it a new design to make it more functional for the family and pretty. The reason I like this show is because I love an organized room. Unfortunately, I can't always maintain it. I have the skills to organize and the desire but not always the time. My office is generally in a cluttered state (not as messy as the rooms on the show but cluttered). Even though most things have a place and are organized, I don't always have the time to file or put things away. Also, it seems like I never have the chance to really work on something without being interrupted and at night I'm too tired. This show is fun to watch because you see how beautiful and function a room can be. I hope in my next house, I'll be able to create an organized office (and maybe invest in some beautiful storage boxes, baskets, cabinets whatever). Right now I'll just settle for functional and keep watching Mission Organization for great ideas!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Jenni, you could plan, teach, direct, and produce this show! You have a lovely, organized home. It's funny that your post was about this as I've spent a rainy conference Saturday cleaning out my messy spare room and organizing some cabinets. I took a load to D.I. since I just accumulate too much stuff for my little house. My worst organized room is the office too. Most of the time, though, it is my dear husband's computer stuff that seems to have multiplied and scattered even more every night!

Angela said...

Anyone who asks for and receives a label maker for Christmas deserves and I am confident, will some day have a beautiful and perfectly organized office (although I'm sure that your current office space is much more organized and beautiful than most of us have or will ever have! :)