Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where Have I Been Lately?

Maybe you have been wondering if I forgot about my dear blog. Where are the Christmas pictures you ask? What about all those silly Sammy Says posts? Was it just a 2007 thing?

No friends, it is just that I have been extremely busy and totally stressed out. I have been busy as a bee trying to declutter and organize my home. We are moving in June and we are putting our house on the market March 1st. I have so much to do before then!!!! I know there is no way I can keep my house as clean as it needs to be when people come to see it if I don't get rid of most of my stuff.

Generally, I blog at night while the kids are asleep but I have been taking advantage of the kid-free time to sort, pack, and organize. Despite being totally tired of caring for 3 kids (who have been sick on and off since November), I feel the drive to clean this place up and so I have been using my former blogging hours to get organized and cleaned up.

My office has been an embarrassment to me because it is chock full of STUFF! The realtor comes tomorrow at 1:00 pm. and I will have this house looking decent-not perfect-but decent. I have packed up most of my kids toys (I don't think they even miss them); most of my craft supplies; the majority of my closet; and lots of other stuff. Despite all the work I have done, I still feel like I have so much to do. Yesterday we took 7 bags of clothes to Goodwill (7 BAGS-that is pathetic!) and a bunch of other stuff. It feels so good to purge! If I had my way, I would get rid of everything and start over in our next house.

So you ask, "Why are you blogging tonight? Don't you have stuff to do?" Well, yes, but it is Sunday and I'm taking a break. Besides, I'm getting a head cold. I'm all congested and tired and I don't feel like doing anything. So I'm taking it easy so I can get ready for some more hard work in the morning. Pray that Ben cooperates! I have a lot to do before 1:00!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Good luck!

Emma said...

Good luck. That sounds like you have your work cut out for you! I missed your blog, but we have to have priorities. Good luck with selling your home!

Angela said...

Good luck Jenni... I know you can do it... then will you come help me declutter my house? It's driving me CRAZY!

Jenni said...

Thanks for the confidence.

Angela, I would love to come help you!