Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grateful Sunday

Following the format of so many of my friends' blogs, here is my first Grateful Sunday blog:
  • I'm grateful it is not raining like it has been the last few weekends (see picture above). In fact, this has been one of the most beautiful days this summer. Low humidity, temperatures in the 70's and I even saw RED leaves (Fall is just around the corner).
  • I'm grateful that I don't have flooding in my basement like so many in Southeast Minnesota due to the incredible amounts of rain we had last weekend.
  • I'm grateful for tomatoes. We bought some yesterday at a produce stand (picked that morning) and they are wonderful!!! There is nothing like a tomato picked fresh off the vine. The only thing better is growing them yourself but I have yet to try that.
  • I'm grateful that Ben slept through Junior singing time and played nicely on the floor during Senior singing time. (I'm the Primary Chorister-that is another blog of the future.)
  • I'm grateful for 30 minute naps. I fell asleep on the couch just after I put Ben down for a nap. Emily and Sam played nicely while I slept although I awoke to them eating Cheetos on the kitchen floor.
  • I'm grateful that Brad had yesterday off. It was his first whole Saturday off for a month (since he was working nights his day off was more of a night off). He installed our new blinds in our bedroom. No more lace covered, mauve blinds that have been there since we bought the house. Yeah!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I am so glad you have not been effected by the floods I have heard on the news - and I'm so glad you got new blinds and curtains. Those old ones, I'm sorry, really had to go! I bet your newly painted and decorated bedroom looks great. Pictures of it on your blog perhaps?