Thursday, April 2, 2009

No Nap for Ben

Ben will be turning two on Sunday and he thinks that now he is old enough to stop taking his naps. He is only napping maybe 4-5 days a week. Today, he stayed in his crib for about 45 minutes just talking and asking for me. I finally got him out when I went to pick up Emily from school.

I really need Ben to take a LONG nap every day. He wears me out so that I need that nap time to recoup my energy and get something done. Also, if he doesn't nap, he is a mess by 5:00 pm.

Emily was about this age when she stopped napping. When did your kids stop napping?

4 comments:

Emma said...

My kids napped for longer than most of my friend's kids. The boys both gave up naps around 3 1/2 or so. I think it was almost 4 for David. I still insisted on quiet time for a while, but that doesn't happen at all now. I may have to once Amy is on a more consistent schedule.

Ellen said...

I thank my lucky stars every day that T still takes a nap. He's still going strong at 2.5, which is about 6 months longer than the girls napped.

Audra said...

Jared still falls asleep every afternoon if I don't keep him engaged. I try to give him something to do so that he won't fall asleep but sometimes I get busy and he wanders off and falls asleep. He'll be 5 this month. All of our kids have been really good sleepers at night and naps too. Henry still sleeps for several hours a day, but he has a later bed time than the other 3. My problem seems to be to get kids to STOP falling asleep during the day. (I dread them taking naps because then they are restless at bedtime and keep coming downstairs whining that they can't sleep!) I think by the time they get into school they are usually nap free. But as I recall up to that point, my kids would take one several times a week. They also eat a ton of food... I wonder if those two things are related?

Anonymous said...

Lily (4 1/2) still naps! Abbi napped until kindergarten. Alex (2 1/2) will sometimes stay up giggling with Lily if there is something exciting going on. That, thank goodness, is rare.