Monday, March 30, 2009

Daily Musings of Nothingness

I have a few minutes and thought I would blog some of my musings.
  • The new house is coming along nicely (sorry about not posting pictures yet). The master bedroom was has been demoed and repaired. The electrical work is done. We added 10 new recessed lights in the master bedroom and 3 in the kitchen. The cabinet work is supposed to be done tomorrow or the next day. The windows are being trimmed today. So exciting.
  • The intercom system at the new house is kind of fun. Brad and I messed around with it today. You can talk to whoever is at the door from any intercom in the house. Cool.
  • I feel the need to organize a bit before I start moving. Today I sorted through Emily and Sam's room. Emily consented to give up a few things but not as much as I hoped.
  • The kids did something to my m key on my keyboard. I have to press really hard to make it work.
  • Ben is a stinker! He turns 2 on Sunday and is starting to throw temper tantrums. He can be very stubborn. If he wasn't so lovable, I think I would go crazy.
  • Ben fell out of his crib last night. He refused to go to bed and tried to climb out before I even got out of his bedroom. Thunk! Emily had mastered climbing out of her crib at 16 months or so and Sam sometime around 18 months. I guess I should be grateful he waited until now. Although maybe that fall might keep deter him.
  • We were supposed to go to Utah this weekend and see Vicki's baby blessed but I have come down with a cold and Emily and Sam have had the stomach flu. So much for spending spring break at Grandma's house.
  • I spent last night organizing my primary stuff (I'm secretary). It feels so good to finally be organized. It was driving me crazy!
  • I leave for Boston soon! It will be fun to spend time with Angela and cheer her on as she runs the Boston Marathon. Angela is amazing!
  • It is time to make dinner and I would rather blog (the kids are outside-whoo hoo!). I really hate making dinner. So did my mom. Darn they are inside, now my fun ends. Waffles for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I love your posts, Jenni. It's fun to see what you guys are up to.

Julie said...

How exciting that your house is coming along. Even more exciting that you get to take a trip!

Vicki said...

We in Utah missed you this last week and hope you are all feeling better. Can't wait to see the new house! Happy Birthday to Ben on Sunday!