Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daily Musings of Nothingness

Back by popular demand: MORE DAILY MUSINGS OF NOTHINGNESS!

  • Ben is talking up a storm now. Two of his first two word sentences: Make mess! (More about this later) and See dog (he wanted to watch Blue's Clues while we were waiting for Emily at gymnastics).
  • Thursday was a hectic day. I spent 4 1/2 hours at Emily's school doing PTO things (Pizza Party for Read-A-Thon winners and PTO meeting). When I got finally got home, Ben hadn't taken a nap and was soooooooo cranky. Emily was crying because she didn't want to go to gymnastics and then Ben dumped an entire box of goldfish crackers all over the living room floor followed by a basket of glittery confetti that Emily was supposed to have thrown away (But Mom it is so pretty!). Hence, Ben's first two word sentence, "make mess!" Meanwhile I was on the phone trying to figure out why our new home owners insurance policy was $1,000 more than other quotes. I didn't realize what was happening until Sam turned on the vacuum. Out of that chaos, Sam was my hero that day. Wow, this musing could have been it's own post.
  • I have been elected PTO secretary for next year. I'm really excited to get more involved in what is happening at the elementary school.
  • I am the most disorganized person lately. I have stacks and stacks of things I need to go through. I really hate not being on top of my clutter. It makes me moody.
  • I stopped really organizing stuff lately because I figure I have to move it all soon. It will all catch up to me soon.
  • We sign our part of the house closing paperwork tomorrow morning. It should all be taken care of by Tuesday.
  • We bought our fridge, microwave, and cook top last weekend. We saved a bunch of money!!! We picked out the cook top we wanted and got prices at two places in town. We came home and googled the model number and found a brand new one on Ebay! We saved $350. It came yesterday and looks great! For the fridge, we bought the floor model and saved $500. I love getting a deal!!!!!
  • We went shopping for our granite counter tops yesterday. I am so overwhelmed by making the choice. It is so expensive that I don't want to mess up. Any advice?
  • I have dirty laundry stacked up to my ears.
  • My sister, Traci, and her family are planning on visiting this weekend. I LOVE having visitors come to my house, especially family.
  • I have two people who have offered to help me with decorating my house. I am so relieved! I am really bad at it.
  • I really need a haircut. So does Ben. I refuse to cut my kid's hair.
  • I really do need to get to that laundry so I'll end here.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Lots of things to keep you busy! Good luck with closing. I too have no idea how to decorate a home! Have fun with the new house - I don't know anything about granite countertops. Yay for great deals.

Vicki said...

Good luck tomorrow! We are so excited for you!

Lydia said...

I'm right there with you on decorating a home. I'm completely clueless, and honestly Jenni, it feels good that I'm not the only one out there. Good luck with the closing and the moving!

Julie said...

I hope your closing went well today.
Todd keeps asking if you have pictures of your house on your blog yet, hint hint!
I'm with you on the stacks of clutter & other goodies just waiting to be moved.

Jen said...

I would cut your hair in a second, and if I had the money I would love to help you decorate as well! Not that I'm an expert, but I always think of what I could do if I had more money.

Sorry about the glitter and goldfish. Check out my recent post and you will feel better. Good luck with your house. I can't wait to see pictures of it.

Audra said...

Make Mess!! Love it! -Henry is exploring two-three word combo's as well lately.
My favorite....Mom-me,wher-r-ew?
He says this to which ever gender parent is home so that we will make eye contact and meet this needs for the moment. It's adorable:-)

I'm excited to see your new home!