Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!

Today my baby turned two! He was so excited it was his birthday because he knew that meant presents! He had a hard time when it was Sam's birthday and we told him on his birthday he would get presents-he remembered! We had Grandma T and Thomas over for dinner, presents, and cake and ice cream. I'll post pictures soon (I always say that don't I).

Ben is a great kid and he fills our house with love...and screaming. Ben has a very strong personality and often vocalizes his opinions very loudly. He is not timid or afraid of much (except dogs due to his run in with a roaming dog in the backyard). He is always willing to give a hug or blow a kiss. He loves Emily and Sam so much and is sad when they are sad. He loves to cuddle and read a book but also loves to play with trains, trucks, balls, dinosaurs, blocks, or whatever Sam is playing with. He is excited to show off his new room to anyone who visits our new house.

I am always amazed at Ben and the happiness he brings to our family. Ben can be a handful (those of you who know him, know what I mean) but he is worth every minute. Emily and Sam adore him and put up with so much because they want him to be happy. Lately Sam and Ben have been buddies and they play with each other a lot. It is sweet to see these two brothers play with each other and take turns. Emily loves to baby Ben and he eats it up.

It has been a crazy two years since Ben was born. We got a house ready to sell, sold a house, finished residency, moved across the country, started a practice, and bought a new home. Wow! Happy Birthday Ben! Your family adores you!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Audra said...

Are you in your new house already? Where are the pictures??

Vicki said...

Ben is a joy. He is such a cutie, and yes, you have to watch him every minute!

Lara said...

I can't believe how long it has been since we have seen your family. I hope Sam had a great birthday!

Julie said...

I can't believe he is two! It really has been a crazy few years.

S Murdock said...

I have a little "handful" too, so I know what you are going through :-)