Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break

So much for a fun Spring Break. My plans for Spring Break was to take the kids to Utah on Saturday (my nephew was being blessed on Sunday) and come back on Wednesday. But things don't always happen has planned.

I started to feel a cold coming on Thursday night but I tried to rest up and nip it in the bud. I was lethargic on Friday afternoon but not too bad. Friday night Emily started throwing up. So I called my family on Saturday and told them I wouldn't come down until Sunday evening or Monday morning after Emily and I felt better (I was very sad to miss the blessing). But then on Saturday night, Sam threw up and early Sunday morning Emily threw up again. I still wasn't feeling well and slept in until 3:00 in the afternoon. I'm so glad Brad was home so I could rest.

So I called Mom once again and told her I probably wouldn't come down at all. The weather was poor anyway. Snow and rain were forecast all of Spring Break and so between that and all the sickness it didn't look like we would be having much of a Spring Break.

Emily went back to school today and I am still sick. I felt better on Tuesday but yesterday I started to feel sick again. I haven't done much today but lay around (thank you Sam for playing nicely with Ben). I really have too much to do to spend my days laying around.

Hope everyone else had a better Spring Break!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry you've been sick! We get Spring Break next week and I hope we are all well for it! Next time you pass this way holler! :)

Jen said...

So sorry Jenni!!! That stinks. Our family always seems to be sick when we fly home to Utah. So we'll see. I hope you all get feeling better.

Also, just so you know ALL of my kids stopped napping consistently right around 2! Hallie will nap a little, but not much anymore. It is so hard trying to adjust to that. So, you are not alone. I still love her anyway! :)

Audra said...

What a bummer-seems you've had alot of colds this season-hope once it warms up for good you'll have adelightful spring, summer and fall, illness free!

Julie said...

What a rotten spring break! Ours is this next week & I hope it goes well.