Monday, July 28, 2008

We Love Being by Family

My older sister Rona, who lives in California, is in Utah visiting my family. I have not seen Rona for over 2 years. She has never even seen my Ben. Unfortunately, as the two siblings that live away from home base our vacation paths haven't crossed-until NOW!

She arrived late last night and called me today and asked when I was coming down. I said, "Why not tomorrow!" My kids whooped with joy at the unexpected trip to Grandma Eva's. So I finished my laundry (the reason I didn't leave tonight) and have packed my bags, mostly.

So I'll be gone for a week playing in the sun with my family! See ya!

PS Did I mention how much I love being closer to family!!!!

8 comments:

Lara said...

I know exactly what you mean. My sister is still with me until the first week of Aug. Then she is moving into her house near Fort Worth. She is only going to be 50 min away! It has been a great summer with her family here. I love getting to know her kids better. Enjoy! Let me know what you think of the Host. I loved it.

Emma said...

I love being near family too!!! We are going to be near you guys on Friday. Any chance we can stop by? We won't have the kids though! I'll email you.

Lydia said...

That's so awesome, Jenni! I'm jealous. Someday...Someday...

Jen said...

Good for you. I am with ya, I love being by family too! I love family to come visit and I love visiting. You have it made because you aren't too close or too far away. You lucky lucky girl!

fletcher5 said...

I am so glad that you love being closer to family, but we miss you here in Minnesota! I am so glad that everything is going well. We truly do miss you guys:)

Julie said...

Cute new picture!
We are with you on enjoying being by family!
Come visit us anytime you want a break from visiting your family.

Jenni said...

Thanks Julie! I will definitely call you next time. This visit was just a little long-busy but long.

Vicki said...

I'm so glad you are so close! We look forward to seeing you and your family every time you come!