Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Picture of Me

I was recently asked by the Relief Society president to email her a picture of me so she could publish a spotlight of me in the newsletter. Well, despite the fact that I have hundreds of pictures of my kids and lots of my husband, I don't have one decent picture of me-not even one I could crop out my face. Does this happen to anyone else? Is "Mom" the only who takes pictures.

Even when Brad takes pictures (which rarely happens), he loves to catch me as a surprise. So if I did have a picture of me it is usually looking surprised, or with a dumb expression on my face. Definitely not one I could send to the RS president.

We made a deal that if I didn't email her a picture by this morning, she would use my profile picture. Oh heavens, I hate that picture but sadly it is the only half way decent one I have.

You might be asking why I don't just take a new picture. Well, that would mean I would have to do my hair and I really need a hair cut and my hair is not cooperating right now. So I'll just have her use my profile picture and hope the black and white copy does it some good.

PS Tell your husband he is on camera duty next family outing.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Jen you look beautiful in your profile picture. I don't have any descent pics of me either. I do try and have the kids take a shot of me from time to time and they usually end up getting my nose, or ear or some body part. Good luck!

Ellen said...

I was really confused when I read this post...What RS newsletter? Did they change the RS presidency? Wouldn't Kathy be organizing this? Then I remembered: we're not in Rochester anymore. Sniff Sniff.

Rosemary and Rick said...

Something you don't think about until you face it! I better spruce up and have my picture taken just in case. Thanks for the warning. Just kidding. It is totally true--I can count the pictures of me and Rick on one hand so far in Jacksonville.

Emma said...

I know what you mean. I don't think I have any good ones of just me.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, this is so true for me too. There are hardly any pictures of me in our collection. Sometimes I wonder if my descendants will know I was there at our family functions, since I'm not in the pictures.

Lydia said...

I have thousands of pictures since my two kids were born, and I think I have only a handful of pictures with me in them. Jeff just isn't the camera happy guy and usually gets annoyed when I ask him to take the camera.

It was so good to see you last week in your new home. Thanks again for the fun morning.

Julie said...

I'm with you on the picture thing! I'd rather not be in them lately actually, but I guess my kids would like to see me in 20 years or so to make fun of my clothes & hair!

Vicki said...

Jenni, your new profile picture taken at the family pictures looks great! I'm glad we got one just of you.