Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

This has been an unusual Thanksgiving. I haven't been in the holiday spirit. Here are some maybe whys:
  • Maybe because Ben has been sick with a cold and has been a total grouch and hasn't slept well for days (I'm exhausted!).
  • Maybe because I did not host a large dinner this year (last year we had 20 people for dinner).
  • Maybe because Brad had to work and just made it home to help with the last minute preparations before we had to go to dinner and then he had to go back to work after dinner.
  • Maybe because my "famous" crescent rolls went flat and I can't figure out why and I actually cried about it.
  • Maybe because the Black Friday ads did not hold the usual excitement for me (I can't go because Brad will be at work and I'm not taking 3 kids out at 4 am or later).

But now that I think back on it I should be more grateful. I'm grateful for:

  • Teri B. and her family for inviting us over for dinner. The food was delicious and we actually got to play games while the kids played downstairs. Girls against boys Taboo actually ended in a tie (I got stuck on the word fling).
  • Emily and Sam helped me clean the basement so we can decorate for Christmas tomorrow.
  • Brad at least had a few hours off so he could join us for dinner.
  • Ben took a nap during game time!
  • Other than a few colds, my family is healthy.
  • My mom's health scare is hopefully minor.
  • A loving husband and adorable children.
  • Sam recognizing he was so tired, he went to bed on his own.
  • Most of my Christmas shopping is done so I don't need to go out and fight the crowds and spend more money.

So excuse my negativity and lack of holiday spirit at the beginning of this blog. It felt good to get it out and now I can focus on the Christmas season. I can't wait to put up our Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

One of the things I am grateful for this year is your blog! It is so fun to read and catch up on your life.

I am also grateful that Mom's health scare may turn out to be minor. Here's hoping!

Angela said...

I'm grateful for your blog too!

I wish we could have done Thanksgiving together... you could have made your yummy pumpkin roll, and then I would have talked you into going shopping on Black Friday!