Monday, November 10, 2008

What Happens in Vegas...

Brad and I took our first "real" trip together since the end of residency. At first it was supposed to be a business trip-some medical meeting (business write offs, etc.) but it ended up as a just-for-fun trip. Two other couples came along with us-Steve and Tobie and Mark and Denise.

We flew to Las Vegas Thursday morning. Brad's mom took Ben and my mom came up to stay with Emily and Sam. It was a perfect fit.

We stayed at the Wynn which was a very nice hotel. That night we saw Momma Mia! I was so excited. I loved the movie and Tobie and Denise had previously seen the musical in Salt Lake and Las Vegas and had raved about it. Brad was a sport and came with me. He enjoyed the second act much more than the first. I enjoyed it all!!!

Friday was filled with SHOPPING!!!! I have never been much for designer clothes-I can't bear to pay exorbitant prices-but I tried on some FABULOUS clothes!!!! I have never had clothes fit so well. I have lost about 13 pounds since I moved from Minnesota and it was so fun to try on "skinny" clothes. I tried on about six dresses that were amazing. Tobie and Denise told me to buy one but I can't bear to pay $200 for a dress. But it was fun!

That night we ate at The Capital Grill which was very nice and delicious. We then went to see Ray Romano and Kevin James. They were so funny. My cheeks were sore from laughing so hard. I was a fan of Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens so it was exciting to see them perform.

On Saturday Brad and I took it easy. We ate at the Wynn's Brunch Buffet and it was so delicious. It was so much better than any other buffet I had ever been to including The Davenport's brunch buffet in Spokane. (So much for those 13 pounds huh!). We browsed more shops and even tried on $20,000 diamond rings (Brad promised years ago to replace my wedding ring since we only bought what we could afford as poor college kids.) We didn't buy but it was fun to look.

That night we were supposed to go to The Comedy Stop at the Tropicana with the other couples but they decided it was too late since we had a 7:45 am flight back home the next morning. But Brad and I had taken it easy all day and we were ready to spend a night on the town. So after a few phone calls we ended up getting tickets to Phantom of the Opera. We paid for the cheapest tickets and they ended up moving us to the expensive seats. It was a great show. We had seen it before in San Francisco in 1995 but this one was so much better. Raoul's voice was amazing!!!

It was the perfect end to a perfect trip. We flew back early Sunday morning (a little too early in my opinion) and reunited with our children. They were happy to see us and enjoyed the cheap souvenirs we brought home for them. Thanks Mom and Dianne for watching our kids. We know they enjoyed it. We hope you have both recovered. Thanks Brad for planning a great trip! I really need a vacation.

PS We also stocked up on playing cards. Hand and Foot anyone....

9 comments:

Angela said...

It sounds like you had such a fabulous time, I'm so glad you go to go!!!

Julie said...

So fun, I am so jealous!!!!!!! & you do look great!

Ellen said...

A REAL vacation! What a fun time! Someday we'll do that...

Kate said...

Vegas sounds fabulous! Glad you got a chance to be away together!

Ann said...

WOW, what a fun trip! Two musicals, comedy and shopping AND good food. Perfect. Glad you had a great time.

Lydia said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, Jenni!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you were able to get away. You definitely deserved a vacation after the craziness of the last year.

Vicki said...

What a good time! We're glad you're back, though.

Jen said...

I can't tell you how lucky you are. I think I have finally reached a point in my life where I NEED a serious vacation somewhere fun with my husband!! I'm so glad you got to have fun and especially see one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES, Phantom of the Opera! Good for you guys, Jen!!!