Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Can of Worms

One day while I was trying to work at the computer, Ben was persistent about climbing onto my lap so he could pound on the keyboard. I gave up all attempts at working and decided to let Ben sit on my lap and "play on the computer". The pounding grew more fierce and in an attempt to distract him and save my keyboard I decided to let him view a YouTube clip of a childhood favorite, Cookie Monster singing "C is for Cookie".

Here is brief clip of Ben's excitement. The clip starts out with a cow mooing then the song starts.

We watched Cookie Monster about a million times. After I decided it was time to watch something else (Elmo's Song), I left the room for a minute and when I came back he had used the mouse and clicked back onto Cookie Monster and was watching C is for Cookie again. I was shocked that he had figured out how to use the mouse on his own.


After a few more minutes it was time to pick up Sam from preschool but Ben REFUSED to leave the computer. I carried him upstairs kicking and screaming. I think I opened a can of worms.

Here are few shots of Ben at the computer. He is mesmerized. (Please ignore the messy computer desk.)
One more time please!
Ben dancing and jiving to the music. I love those chubby arms!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

That was so cute to watch! I love how excited he got when he saw the Cookie Monster.