Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sam's First Day of Preschool

Okay, so I am massively behind on my blogging. I can't help it; so much has been going on but really that is for another post. I just had to post pictures of Sam's first day of preschool before way too much time lapses.
Sam often gets overlooked as the middle child (sorry buddy). It could be that he can be quite mellow and shy and the fact that he has two dominant siblings, but he is a special little guy. I'm glad that he has the opportunity to be the first kid in the family to attend preschool NOT taught by me.

His preschool is held in the basement of a house in our neighborhood. When his teacher built her house, she designed a room for teaching preschool. It is decorated so darling, and she does a great job teaching and with the kids.
It is within walking/bike riding distance from our house. Some days we go in the stroller. Some days we go in the bike trailer, and some days Sam rides his bike while I push Ben in the stroller. It is wonderful. I will miss this when it gets too cold and snowy.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah for Sam! Lucky for you that it's so close. Mason's in a preschool like that & I love it, so does he. He'd go every day if he could.

Ann said...

He seems so grown up. He was just a baby when you first moved here. My how time flies. We miss you guys!

Hillary said...

How nice to have the school so close! Does Sam still have his Spiderman backpack? Blake had to get a new one; apparently the other wasn't up-to-code sizewise. But it's green, so you know that makes him happy.

Jenni said...

Yes, Sam still has his Spiderman backpack. It is still in great condition and I'm too cheap to buy another one. He didn't seem to care. It is small but that means it takes less space in the closet. :-)

Rosemary and Rick said...

He's pretty cute and all grown up! I wish we had a preschool in a neighbor's basement! You scored!

Jen said...

Oh Jenni, I just want to eat him. He is so dang cute. How amazingly convenient that little set up you have. Good for you guys! What a cutie.

Lara said...

That is great that it is so close! He is going to love it. I can't believe we both have one in preschool. He is a doll!

Lydia said...

I can't believe how much older he looks! I laughed at your comment about not teaching his preschool this year. He's definitely a cutie. I hope things are still going well for you guys out there!