Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Tablespoon of Honey is the Medicine That Goes Down

I have had a cough since Saturday and it has been driving me crazy. Brad read an article that said that a tablespoon of honey is more effective than an over-the-counter cough suppressant. So I decided to try it and I have to admit that it works great. For the past two nights I have taken a tablespoon of honey at bedtime and I did not wake up coughing. This afternoon I was coughing a lot (Sorry Sarah, I was coughing throughout your lovely birthday luncheon) and I took some when I got home. Sure enough my coughing has eased.

I have to admit, I don't usually use alternatives to drugs. I'm more than happy to relieve my symptoms by taking a little pill but I'll vouch for a tablespoon of honey (just don't give it to babies younger than one).

3 comments:

Emma said...

I heard about that too! Pretty cool! Glad it worked for you.

Vicki said...

That's amazing. I'm definitely going to try that next time I have a cough. I hate the taste of any cough suppressant, no matter what the flavoring, so honey would be a great alternative.

Angela said...

Sorry you've been sick! Glad the honey worked.