Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Emily and Ben

Emily is the best big sister in the world. She loves her little baby brother Benjamin so much. Despite the fact that he is 21 pounds and she is not quite 35 pounds, she packs him around the house (even down the stairs which she is not supposed to do). The other morning I was in the shower and she decided to get Ben out of the crib. So she climbed into his crib, lifted him over the rail, and handed him to Sam (who is not strong enough to carry him around). Sam then laid him down on the floor. Then Emily picks him up and carries him to my bathroom. I was out of the shower by now and she brings him in. I, in a somewhat calm voice, ask how they got Ben out of the crib (there was no crying as far as I could tell). Emily calmly tells me how and says, "And we didn't even drop him once!"
Ben loves Emily and he smiles and gets excited when she comes home from school. He is very tolerant of what she does to him and is happy to be included in all the fun. Here is Emily dressing Ben in her dress up clothes. He was quite adorable and he even left the headband on for awhile (then he chewed it.)
Emily is a great helper with Ben. One morning I woke up to Emily, Sam, and Ben all in Ben's crib. Emily was getting Ben dressed. She had changed his diaper and was putting on his clothes. It was so wonderful to wake up to three kids all dressed and ready for the day!
Thanks Emily for all your help! You are a great girl and I appreciate how much you help me. You even do it with a smile!

3 comments:

Emma said...

That is so cute! "We didn't even drop him once" lol! What a great helper.

Angela said...

Ben makes such a cute princess! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so much like our house I laughed out loud! Although, Abbi doesn't do diapers - maybe I'll have to train her!