Saturday, October 24, 2009

Two Ovens

Okay, I know, I know I have not posted since April. But I decided I would jump in with a random post.

One of the many things I love about my new house is the fact that I have two ovens. I have always wanted two and now I know why.

Yesterday and today has been cold and rainy. It seems like the only time I ever feel like cooking anything is when it is cold and rainy. I had two Papa Murphy's pizza's (since everyone in my family likes different pizza) and I didn't have to choose which one to cook first. I cooked them at the same time! You would be surprised at how much peace that brings to me and my household. Everyone's pizza was ready at the same time!

This morning I decided to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins-yummy! I doubled the batch since Emily wanted to give some away. I was able to use all the batter and cook them at the same time! This makes cooking so much more enjoyable since I don't have to wait around for the oven to be free to cook the extra batches.

So there. Now I have posted again. I wonder if anyone ever checks it any more.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

I used to have 2 ovens. I LOVED it! I am so glad you are enjoying your new home and area. We still miss you here. By the way, is your grass covered with snow? Just wondering....

Emma said...

That would be great to have two ovens!

Ann M. said...

I have missed your postings! Two ovens sounds awesome. We have the same pizza problem. Are the kids enjoying K and 2nd grade? How is Ben doing without them? How are you doing without them to distract Ben? :) We will be leaving Rochester in the spring. Eric is taking a promotion - we don't know where yet. Stay in touch!!

Janee said...

You're alive! You never did post any pictures of that nice big house of yours, double ovens and all. I have a standard stove/oven combo with one tiny oven and one medium sized oven in it. I wish I had the two big ones in the wall though. Seems like it would be soooo nice.

Vicki said...

Posts on your blog make my day! Mmm, that really makes me want some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Julie said...

Yeah to hear from you again!
I've got 2 ovens too, one small & one big. I love the tiny one, I only use the big one when I need both.
You still need to post pictures of your house!