Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gymnastics

Emily loves gymnastics. She took for about 2 years in Minnesota but I pulled her out because I was frustrated with the gym; I felt she wasn't progressing due to their lack of teaching (yes, I'm bitter).

So today Emily went to her first gymnastics class in Idaho. It was for 5 - 7 year olds and Emily had a good time. Despite being out of gymnastics since March, she performed really well on all the activities. After the class the teacher pulled me aside and told me Emily was too advanced for the class she was enrolled in and invited her to join the "by invitation only" class. I was really happy to find a gym that takes notice. Emily is thrilled that she will start learning new things. I'm thrilled that my monthly tuition will be put to some good.

The class is scheduled at the same time as one Sam can attend so I think I'll enroll Sam as well. It is in the evening and at first I was disappointed until I decided Brad can keep Ben home! Sam gets to try out next week for free. I wonder if he will be the only boy? It is described as a co-ed class but who knows. Sam and I were watching the Level 1 Boys class and he thought it looked fun. We will see how he likes the intro class. When I asked him which activities he wanted me to sign him up for he stated he wanted to take ballet classes. Maybe Sam spends too much time playing with Emily. (That is Ben crawling in the background wearing Emily's pajamas.)My mom is playing dress up with Emily and Sam. Any question why she is the great grandma ever!Poor kid. He is going to hate these when he is older.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to put my kids in gymnastics too. They sound so fun!

Julie said...

Mason's with Sam on the too much big sister stuff! The other day I let him pick out the new shampoo, he chose the pink one.

Ellen said...

I finally just had to stop taking pics of T in princess get up! The funniest is yesterday when I presented new toothbrushes from which the kids could choose, and he picked the lilac one! He loves purple, just like the girls:)

Jen said...

I'm glad you found somewhere you like. Maybe you already knew, but I am so bummed because KAATS is done at this location. There is only the Pine Island one and I'm not driving that twice a week.

I keep debating whether or not to try Jetts. We'll see. Good luck and have fun!

Jana said...

What a fun grandma! Your mom looks like a riot! Can she come to my house for the afternoon?

www.themeanestmom.blogspot.com

Janus said...

Aren't Grandma's the best? One of the best memories that Alexis has with her Grandma Ward, is having a tea party with her. My mom had all the tiny cakes with tiny little cups of pink punch, etc, etc....Alexis has NEVER forgotten that.

I bet you are soooo...glad to be near family once more. There is just something to be said for being closer to family and to enjoy those relationships. Although we miss you guys, we're glad you're happy and surrounded by your family.

Janus

Angela said...

Those pictures of Sam are the best! They crack me up!

Stacy said...

Where did you enroll your kids in Rochester? I'm considering putting Syd in the Jetts program but can't decide! I wish there were more options in Rochester!

I'm glad you found a good program in Idaho!

Jenni said...

Stacy,
I put Emily in KAATS but I heard they might have closed the Rochester gym. Sydney would love gymnastics but Jets was a little more expensive than Kaats-but it might be worth it.