Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grateful Sunday

It has been forever since I have done a Grateful Sunday post and I figured I should do one this week.
This week I am grateful for....
  • Our new house! We will close in late March (sorry I haven't posted pictures).
  • My new calling as Primary Secretary. I was disappointed to leave my previous calling-teaching the 14 year old Sunday School class but it is nice to get to know some new people.
  • Book Club. I finally got invited to a book club. Oh how I missed being with people who loved books and talking about books. Carma, I'm so glad I get to be your neighbor!
  • Steve, Tobie and Maddy V. We went out with Steve and Tobie for Valentine's Day and their oldest daughter Maddy who was home for the weekend watched all our kids for us. Steve and Tobie even paid for dinner to thank Brad for a favor he did for them. It was a wonderful Valentine's Day evening. Thanks!
  • My MIL, Dianne, for watching Ben and Sam so I could help at Emily's class party. I was hoping Brad would be home in time to watch the boys or else I would take them with me but Brad had a late appointment scheduled and Ben was sick and grouchy and I didn't want to take them after all. I decided I wouldn't go but then Emily actually asked for me to be there. I appreciate Dianne taking the time to help me out.
  • The Jason and Ashley Y family. Brad and Jason have been friends since Brad was 12 and we have been friends as a couple since before Jason and Ashley got married. They came over to play games on Friday but Ashley and I ended up sneaking away to watch Twilight again. Thanks Brad and Jason for watching the kids! Thanks Justin and Hannah for playing Powergrid with Brad and Jason.
  • Cheap movie theaters. It is so much more fun to see a movie knowing you only paid $3.50 instead of $9. With that price you can actually afford popcorn! Which is only $3.75 for a large.
  • My new nephew, Dimitrie. He turned 2 weeks old on Friday. We are so grateful he was born. It was a close call during his delivery and we thank Heavenly Father he is with us and healthy.
  • Winter. I actually don't mind it but I'm glad it doesn't last forever. Brad has taken up skiing and it is fun to see him enjoying every ski trip (except for the first one).

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

And what I'm grateful for is seeing that Jenni is feeling more settled and happy in ID.

Congratulations on your house!!! How thrilling. Can't wait to see pictures.

Vicki said...

I'm grateful that you live close enough now to drive down for the weekend to see my new little guy, Dimitri.